The word Abhyangam itself means massage. Its efficacy depends on a few factors: the purity and richness of the oil, application in conformity with the Ayurvedic text, and the regularity of the treatment.
At Vishwa Arogyam, we endeavour to create a relaxed setting in which the therapy can be expertly administered under the close supervision of the physician.
The oils used in our Abhyanga treatment at Vishwa Arogyam are treated with various medicinal herbs that nourish your body and mind thus giving you a complete health and vigor to lead a long and healthy life.
- Jarahar - Regular practice of Abhyangam gives strength to the dhatus (body tissues) thus prolonging life and slowing the ageing process.
- Shramhar - Abhyangam relieves the stress and spasms of the muscles, hence reducing the tiredness from the body and mind, freshening and cheering you.
- Vatahar - Abhyangam vitiates the effects of excessive Vata dosha in the body. Thus helping in reducing joint pains and bone impairment.
- Swapnakar - Abhyangam induces good sleep and relieves you from stress. It also calms your mind completely.
- Klesh Sahatva - Abhyangan improves the skin texture and makes you look young and lustrous.
Vishwa Arogyam also specialises in administering the famous Shirodhara therapy. The procedure involves gentle dripping of medicated liquids over the forehead. It is versatile in conferring benefits - effectively addressing a variety of conditions like sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, early graying of hair, memory loss, insomnia, vertigo, migraine etc. It also helps to relieve stress and regain health and youth.
- Eliminates the excessive doshas in the upper part of the body.
- Extremely effective treatment to cure insomnia.
- Improves the blood circulation in the brain and nourishes the scalp to prevent premature greying of hair.
- Stops hair fall.
- Helps in improving the memory power.
- Strengthens the Nervous system.
- Cures hormonal imbalances.
Nasyam is a procedure in which medicated herbal oils or juices are administered through the nostrils. It is an effective therapy for migraine, paralysis, mental disorders, hormone imbalances, premature greying of hair, anosmia and is also an excellent one for enhancing the brainpower.
- Very effective treatment in Migraine.
- It helps to cure mental disorders.
- It cures hormonal imbalances.
- It helps to calm the nerves thus help in complete relaxation.
This treatment is most popularly known since ancient times. The Kings and their ministers enjoyed it. This treatment is performed by two therapists .In this treatment a cloth is dipped into hot medicated oil and is carefully poured over each part of the body with mild relaxing massage in synchronized manner.
- This treatment highly rejuvenates oneself and enhances the muscle tone. It regulates proper blood circulation and improves the entire nervous system.
A sense of complete rejuvenation is what you hope to experience, because it will prove you have entirely recovered from your built-up fatigue over the months or years.
To leave your tiredness behind and feel a new strength in your physique, there’s Navrakizhi which is a type of swedana procedure where medicated rice is cooked with herbs and tied into the cloth to form a pouch (Pottali/Kizhi).This pottali is dipped into warm medicated herbal milk and whole body is massaged with it.
- It improves the blood circulation and restores vitality and enthusiasm.
- It improves the skin texture by removing excessive doshas and thus opening the pores over the skin; making it lustrous.
- It gives strength to the muscles and improves the muscle tone.
Much comfort and ease can be derived from this soothing treatment for inflammation and swelling near body joints. Choornakizhi is a type of swedana procedure where medicinal herbs are powdered and warmed in the oils and then tied into a pouch (Pottali) then used for massaging.
- It helps to cure osteoarthritis with swelling and spondylitis.
BASTI / VASTI
Basti is a procedure in which medicinal oils/herbal decoctions are introduced into the herbal body through rectal orifice.
- It helps relieving Vata disorders like sciatica, gout, Rheumatoid Arthritis and various other vata related conditions.
KATI VASTI / BASTI
Whether caused by your working posture or a sports injury, it’s difficult to tolerate or endure a chronic back problem or spine-related ailment. For those seeking a solution to such difficulties, here is a way.
Kati Vasti/Basti is a procedure in which a well is made over the lower part of back with black gram (Udad dal) flour. Then warm herbally medicated oils are poured into this well and it is retained till oil cools down. This procedure is repeated a number of times.
- It strengthens the muscles of the back and helps in maintaining the normal curvature of spine.
- It increases the circulation of blood in the lower back and reduces the inflammation.
- It helps in the conditions like lumbar spondylitis, intervertebral disc prolapse, sciatica and other spine related conditions.
JANU VASTI / BASTI
Relief from joint pains can be sought from a time-honoured traditional method. This procedure involves making a well with black gram (Udad dal) over both knee joints and pouring of hot oils into the well. The oil is retained till it cools down. The procedure is repeated a number of times, and much recommended for those with recurrent knee-related problems.
- It strengthens the muscles of knees and improves the flexibility and movements of knees.
- It is an excellent therapy for meniscus or ligament related problems, osteoarthritis and stiffness of knee joints.
- It increases the local blood circulation and gives strength to the knee joints.
Earth is not only a constituent element, it also has a healing property. Mud is an element of nature, which contains several important salts and minerals. In this therapy, medicated mud is applied all over the body with mild massage and retained till it is dried.
- Relief from excess pitta and heat. It absorbs the excess doshas and helps in prevention of many diseases. It improves the metabolism hence enhances digestion.
Watching more TV will not reduce your stress level. At Vishwa Arogyam, we have a head-on approach to counter stress and relieve it.
This is a therapy that includes massaging the head with oils and applying herbal paste over the head. The head is then covered with banana leaves and the paste is retained for about 30 min.
- It is extremely effective treatment for headache, skin disorders, insomnia, depression and eye disorders.
This is an elaborate facial therapy at Vishwa Arogyam from the authentic Ayurvedic tradition. In Mukhalepam, the face is massaged with various herbal creams and scrubs. Subsequently, a herbal steam is passed over the face, and lastly a herbal paste is applied over it. The pack is retained till it dries, and then washed off with warm water.
Present a more radiant front to the world, with a clearer complexion and glow.
- Makes you fresh and energetic.
- Makes your face lustrous and improves complexion naturally.
- Cures the acne over the face.
- Helps to remove the dark spots, hyperpigmentation and blackheads.